Just few days after Beta 3.9 and 3.91 the Gamma phase has started. Right now you can download new version and enjoy more fixes and updates! New ships, new systems to explore and much more.
- Playable area no longer restricted to beta bubble
- Playable ship Python added
- Playable ship Orca added
- Kickstarter starting ships and locations added
- Freagles added
- Capital ship events added
- Fix crash following docking and accessing starport services
- Fix for multiple input devices not working - for example pedals and throttle from multiple input device controllers
- Chances for USSs increased
- Fix for cargo hatch not ejecting any cargo when malfunctioning
- Workaround for AMD white lines issue
- Check to make sure the target is this machine that this machine is ready to receive authority
- New games account for fines, bounties, and permits
- Added missing text strings for Federal and Imperial missions
- NPC Comms in Another Castle Unidentified Signal Sources should now only display the new target destination rather than listing multiple destinations
And there is one important questions which every player wants to know. Will there be a wipe at the end of Gamma phase? Earlier there was an information that there will be no wipe. But that is not true anymore or rather it is not known yet.
Michale Brooks said on the official forum that:
Contrary to what I've said before there may be a wipe for launch. This is being discussed here at the moment and would be due to code and galaxy changes between now and the end of gamma. I'll post when a decision has been made.
It's a pity for all of you who wanted to make some wealth before all other players come to the game and be far, far away in the galaxy. We can just hope that there will be no major issues and the wipe will not be needed.
For now you can watch at least few videos from Beta 3.9 and check Orca and Python. They are lovely.
Or just watch another first look from Beta 3.9.