Starting today, players can expect five new updates over five weeks that will include three more Character Adaptations, three new Map Variants that shake-up the traditional Evolve experience, a brand new Co-op game mode, as well as community-requested features and quality of life improvements. Today, the Shear Madness event kicks off with The Quantum Surge Update.
The Quantum Surge will include the newest Medic to the Hunter team’s roster, Quantum Caira. Her unique area control style healing combined with new abilities are detailed below, and the update will also feature:
- An all new “Try Before you Buy” option, where all hunters, monsters, skins and perks that you’d normally earn using Silver Keys are now unlocked in the game’s Training Mode.
- Balance changes;
- A brand new series of Advanced Hunter tutorials
- Some first steps towards improving widespread community issues on matchmaking and leavers;
Quantum Caira’s abilities include:
- Proton Field- Deploys a zone that damages enemies over time. Multiple fields stack.
- Regeneration Field - Deploys a Generyst™ zone that heals each nearby Hunter over time. Multiple Regeneration Fields stack.
- Neutron Barrier- Applies a short damage-resistance buff to all nearby Hunters.
- Generyst II™ Field: Heals hunters and damages monsters in the area for the duration of the effect.