After a successful collaboration, Slitherine and Games Workshop renew their association to offer a brand new game based on the Warhammer universe. Set in Sanctus Reach, the new Warhammer 40,000 is a 3D turn-based strategy game.
Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach brings players to a dark era of carnage and endless war. One of Imperium’s fiercest enemies, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system. World after world falls to billions of Orks until only one last planet resists the green tide: the Knight World of Alaric Prime. This is where a brave company of Space Wolves makes its stand to defend the last bastion of mankind in the system.
The game has following features:
- Lead either the Space Wolves Space Marines in the campaign or the green tide of the Orks in skirmish battles!
- Two campaigns: Stormclaw (over 20 missions and skirmishes!) and Hour of the Wolf (over 25 missions and skirmishes!)
- Play as the mighty Space Wolf heroes Krom Dragongaze, Ragnar Blackmane and their Jarl, the High King of Fenris, Logan Grimnar as well as the Ork Warbosses Grukk FaceRippa and Mogrok da Mangla
- 30 Space Wolf units from packs of Blood Claws to the fearsome Predator – And lead the legendary Imperial Knight Gerantius!
- 30 Ork Goff units including the formidable Gorkonaut!
- Unit experience level progression through campaigns which unlock new abilities and tactical options
- Generated skirmish maps on many different types of terrain and environment
- Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherine’s online PBEM++ server and a ranking system
“Teaming up with Games Workshop for this thrilling project is testament of how well the partnership has worked out on Armageddon,” said Iain McNeil, Development Director at Slitherine. “Straylight are a very promising new development team that we are proud to work with. They bring not only passion and dedication, but a great deal of knowledge of the Warhammer 40,000 universe and that is an invaluable asset”.
The game is being developed by newborn Scotland-based team Straylight Entertainment and will release before the end of 2016. This is the first game to be published using the brand new Archon engine, developed in-house by Slitherine and made available to a number of its developers.
The game is scheduled to release in November 2016 via Steam for PC.