Lantern is an indie game inspired by East Asian nature and architecture. The game is being developed by Storm in a Teacup and published by 1C. Lantern is designed to evoke a general sensation of positivity. It achieves this with a laid-back pace, mellow gameplay, and pleasing visuals, fostered by an ambient East Asian soundtrack. Straightforward gameplay and simple controls go hand-in-hand with the game’s relaxing vibes, making it easy for players to just sit back and enjoy a few tranquil moments of stress-free gaming.
Here's the game's announcement trailer:
"Be the wind and guide a beautiful sky lantern that spreads the powerful message of everlasting love, by bringing life and color back to the world around you. Enjoy four beautiful Asian-inspired worlds, each with a different theme, nature, and architecture. Spread vibrant, happy colors through the gray and lifeless lands by flying over them as a red, light-emitting lantern."
Lantern has following features:
- Bring the powerful message of everlasting love to four East Asian-inspired worlds
- Create wonderful lantern festivals, spreading warmth and joy
- Restful music and peaceful sounds will accompany you on your journey
- Immerse yourself in a relaxing experience – a virtual coloring book with an aesthetic atmosphere
- Virtual Reality support (Oculus Rift and HTC Vive)