The Spatials: Galactology is a sequel to the original The Spatials game. Originally, the developers Weird and Wry planned to ship Galactology as a free update. However, the scope and feature set of this “new version” kept growing -- and it became clear that the space sim would end up as a standalone game. So, Weird and Wry are gifting a free copy of the sequel to owners of the original game and every Steam user who previously purchased The Spatials or activated a code for the game on or before July 5, 2016..
The game has full Steam Workshop compatibility and now includes a large chunk of gameplay source code with every copy. Here are key features:
- Make your space station even more unique with new buildings and staff.
- Build spaceships to explore the galaxy.
- Earn in-game cash by growing your space station’s hospitality business.
- Experience a detailed simulation with tons of systems to play with -- including logistics, manufacturing, research, healthcare, disease, emotional breakdowns, combat, hunger, thirst, cleaning, decay, security, FIRE!, and more.
- Assemble robots to assist with station chores.
Here's the game's trailer: